cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matthias Müller <pym...@yahoo.de>
Subject AW: How to force a Save As prompt?
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 07:07:48 GMT
Aah, thanks for that,

Geert's workaround works in my case. BTW, I don't care about older browser versions. The users
of my project all uses at least IE6

best regards, matthias

----- Ursprüngliche Mail ----
Von: David Legg <david.legg@searchevent.co.uk>
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Gesendet: Dienstag, den 7. Oktober 2008, 16:10:40 Uhr
Betreff: Re: How to force a Save As prompt?

>> is there a way or workaround how i can force a Save As prompt
>> for my cocoon output? The problem is that the browser knows
>> the mime types of the generated files (xml, pdfs) and
>> displays it instead of prompting.
>>
> See http://markmail.org/message/jgcetksksgmpfk2c#query:cocoon%20content%20disposition%20header+page:1+mid:dt2547iguthv34dg+state:results
(Content disposition header)

Ah! this all brings back some memories.

This article summarizes what you need nicely [1]

Just for reference, I presume you don't care about IE4?  The technique
of setting the content-disposition header doesn't work for that browser
because even if you used the content-disposition header it still sniffed
the file you were downloading and acted on what it found there rather
than what you told it [2].

Regards,
David Legg

[1] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260519