cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: AJAX in CForms... not that simple?!
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:17:57 GMT
André

Thanks, but this does not seem to make any difference.

Any chance you have a simple/test application, where the
resources are explicitly "broken out" in the way I have done?

Alternately, are there any hints you can give me on how to
make an AJAX form that does not make of use the default form
stylesheets that are buried in the .jar cocoon blocks?

Derek

>>> On 2008/10/15 at 10:03, in message
<48F5A3E4.301@developpement-durable.gouv.fr>, "DAVIGNON Andre - CETE
NP/DIODé/PANDOC" <Andre.Davignon@developpement-durable.gouv.fr> wrote:
Hi Derek,

> I have been working with Cocoon + CForms for a while now,
> but now have to deal with some more complex processing
> requirements.  I had thought this would be a simple matter,
> but alas not...
>
> Issue 1.  I have heavily customized stylesheets that I use for
> form display.  Going back to the default stylesheets is problematic.
>
> Issue 2.  Locating the resources?  This message:
> http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=111323898129449&w=2
> (and others) refer to the WEB-INF/classes/org/..../forms/resources
directory.
> This I simply cannot find.  I have
"WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/cocoon/forms"
> but no resources directory in sight.
>
> I have tried to copy & use the various files directly from the
Cocoon
> installation files... but to no avail.
>
> In the end, I have tried to create a small test app, based on the car

> selector sample, with details as shown below.
>
> Although the form displays just fine, it does not exhibit any of the

> dynamic behavior of the original sample.  Comparison of the source
code
> of the two web pages shows them to be the same!
>
> What (probably obvious) element/s am I missing?

I'm afraid i have to say the same thing about migrating "regular"
CForms
to Ajax CForms. I've had a hard time and had to rewrite some stuff like

stylesheets.

Anyway, i think it's worth the effort :-).

Most of resources are located in .jar cocoon blocks. They must be
correctly matched in your sitemap :

<map:pipeline id="_cocoon">
<map:match pattern="_cocoon/resources/*/**">
<map:select type="resource-exists">
<map:when test="resources/{1}/{2}">
<map:read src="resources/{1}/{2}"/>
</map:when>
<map:otherwise>
<map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/{1}/resources/{2}"/>
</map:otherwise>
</map:select>
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>