cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: How to force a Save As prompt?
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 07:04:57 GMT
Does anyone still care about IE4 - the stats from different sites suggest not:
http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/stat.htm
http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2008/September/browser.php

Looks like IE5 usage is down below 1% and no one even bothers to count IE4
users... so I would say the OP would not have to worry about this issue :-)

David Legg <david.legg@searchevent.co.uk> wrote:

>> is there a way or workaround how i can force a Save As prompt
>> for my cocoon output? The problem is that the browser knows
>> the mime types of the generated files (xml, pdfs) and
>> displays it instead of prompting.
>>
> See http://markmail.org/message/jgcetksksgmpfk2c#query:cocoon%20content%20disposition%20header+page:1+mid:dt2547iguthv34dg+state:results
(Content disposition header)

Ah! this all brings back some memories.

This article summarizes what you need nicely [1]

Just for reference, I presume you don't care about IE4?  The technique
of setting the content-disposition header doesn't work for that browser
because even if you used the content-disposition header it still sniffed
the file you were downloading and acted on what it found there rather
than what you told it [2].

Regards,
David Legg

[1] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260519