cocoon-users mailing list archives

From imran <ipariy...@triplemind.com>
Subject Re: How to use ajax in selection-list
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:42:38 GMT
asif_zzz wrote:
> hi, im new to cocoon. Im using cocoon 2.1.10 CForms. I need to use
> ajax in a selection-list.
>
> My scernario is when i select a item in a selectionlist, i need to
> get some value from the database based on the Selected value of the
> selectionlist. And populate the new retrived values in UI screen.
>
> I've used ajax in repeaters.
>
> Any suggestions,appreciated
>
> Regards, Aashik
Hi,

What you are looking for here is Event handling .. u can use
on-value-changed event .. there are two options .. you can either use
javascript or java class ..

this is a good place to start ..
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/eventhandling.html

and if your using java the i have written a small example of
populating a suggestion field .. u can find it here ..
http://pariyani.blogspot.com/