cocoon-users mailing list archives

From hussayn <hussayn.dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject How to configure the cocoon-2.2 database block ?
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:57:07 GMT

Hi;

i try to get started with the cocoon-2.2 database-block,
so i added the dependency to my pom file and after some
initial irritations, now mvn jetty:run startsup just fine. But ...

- concerning the driver i read in the docs:

   "In order to load driver class create file databases-drivers.properties
    in META-INF/cocoon/properties with following contents: ..."

    ok, this is self explaining. But where do i actually place the driver ?
    cocon doesn't scan my entire file system to find a jar file which
contains
    the driver, no ?

- And how can i actually start working with the database ?
  I found a bunch of database related actions, but i have no idea
  how to use them inside the sitemap.

I just don't get the key ideas how this is all connected together.
Isn't there at least an example snippet available, from where i could learn
the most basic steps to go ?

Where would you point me to find relevant documentation ?
Is it the source code ? If so, what would you recommend to
look at ?

any help is appreciated

regards,
hussayn