cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Schmitz <jeffandmon...@mac.com>
Subject RE: javascript embedded in *.jx files
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 15:19:07 GMT
Ahhhhhh, now I get it.  I just didn't follow through with my thinking since that part kind
of happens "under the covers".  It's just like css and images are served by cocoon.

Actually, it would have worked had I used the scripts folder to hold my script instead of
creating a new 'javascripts' folder, since the cocoon default sitemap has:

     <!-- JavaScript scripts -->
    <map:match pattern="scripts/*.js">
      <map:read mime-type="text/javascript" src="resources/scripts/{1}.js"/>
    </map:match>

But then, I would never have learned what's really going on.

Anyway, thanks for the great explanations and for your patience in spoon feeding me the info.
 Now I just hope this message doesn't get posted 6 times like my other ones have been :-)

Jeff

Jeff Schmitz <jeffandmonica@mac.com> wrote:
>Hmmm, that seems strange to me.  Note that I really just the <script> tag, which
is part of the *.jx page, to just passed through as is and become part of the html page to
be returned.  I don't want the actuall javascript file to become part of the returned page.
 I didn't expect to have to create a match for the src attribute of my script tag.

>e.g. I may have a myPage.jx file with the following tag:
>
><script type="text/javascript" src="js/myPageScript.js>
></script>
>
>For this case, do I need a match in my sitemap for myPageScript.js?
>
>Jeff
>
>On Tuesday, October 07, 2008, at 01:49PM, "Jasha Joachimsthal" <j.joachimsthal@onehippo.com>

where the script was.  I kept getting file not found errors in the output.