cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jasha Joachimsthal" <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: XMLbinding using Cform in cocoon 2.2?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 06:39:17 GMT
Hi Job,

________________________________

	From: Job van Ommen [mailto:jobvanommen@gmail.com]
	Sent: maandag 29 september 2008 13:39
	To: users@cocoon.apache.org
	Subject: how: XMLbinding using Cform in cocoon 2.2?

	Ok, so I am new to the whole cform thing. It seems like a good
way to implement forms...BUT

	I can't get it to work. I've gone through the 2.2 and 2.1
documentation but I can't get it to work.

	Let's keep it simple and use the sample:

	The sample from
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/forms/1.0/478_1_1.html doesn't use
binding.
	What If i wanted to add binding and save the results to a file?

	I've noticed the "simplebinding" and found the following
flowscript on the web somewhere, but It doesn't work...

	Please, somebody tell me how it should be done?

	-what should be in the sitemap?
	-what should be in the binding xml?
	-should the template or the definition als contain something
that points to the binding.xml ?

cocoon.load("servlet:forms:/resource/internal/flow/javascript/Form.js");

	function registration() {

form.createBinding("cocoon://resource/internal/registration_binding.xml"
);
	    var form = new
Form("cocoon://resource/internal/registration_definition.xml");;
	    form.showForm("registration-display-pipeline");

	    var viewData = { "username" :
form.getChild("name").getValue() }
	form.saveXML("cocoon://resource/internal/binding.xml");

	    cocoon.sendPage("registration-success-pipeline", viewData);
	}

There is a simple XML binding example in the samples.  If youve checked
out Cocoon 2.2 it's in
blocks/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF. Have
a look at the form2simpleXML. The flowscript function is in
flow/binding_example.js.

Regards,

Jasha Joachimsthal

j.joachimsthal@onehippo.com - jasha@apache.org

www.onehippo.com <http://www.onehippo.com/>
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA
94952-3329 +1 (707) 773-4646