cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Thenot <andre-li...@thenot.org>
Subject Re: Understending pipes
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 23:48:37 GMT
On Sep 5, 2008, at 8:26, Iulian Radu wrote:

> Unfortunately, this text does not make me clear how works more
> pipelines at the same time. For example, I need to know what happens
> when come a request and there are defined more pipelines. How select
> cocoon one of them? Or when a request is processed in a pipeline and
> is mounted a subsitemap and there start the processing of the
> request into a new pipeline.

This is usually determined by the matcher. For example here there are
2 pipelines that define 3 different URI patterns:

     <map:pipeline id="abc">

       <map:match pattern="home">
         <map:generate src="public/home.xhtml"/>
         <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
         <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
       </map:match>

       <map:match pattern="userhome">
         <map:call function="userHome"/>
       </map:match>

     </map:pipeline>

     <map:pipeline id="external-resource">
       <map:match pattern="css/**.css">
         <map:read src="resource/external/css/{1}.css"/>
       </map:match>
     </map:pipeline>

A.