cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Thenot <andre-li...@thenot.org>
Subject Re: how can i force a serialiser to generate a </close>-tag even if the body is empty ?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:44:18 GMT
On Sep 24, 2008, at 12:01, Rainer Pruy wrote:

> This "closing tag" issue is usually related to mixing html vs. xhtml
> and browsers that are not precise with handling both.
>
> Probably your are using xhtml serializer while indicating a HTML doc
> type to the browser
> (evtl. implied by providing a ".html" suffix to the url?).
>
> You might want to play around with combinations of serializer
> settings and doctypes (and mime types generated or extensions
> indicated
> to the browser). But beware, this might effect other areas of your
> pages.....

Hmm... I'm using the XML serializer, no URL suffix and an XHTML-strict
doctype. I'm not aware of an XHTML serializer.

       <map:serializer name="xhtml" mime-type="text/html"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
         <map:doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN</
map:doctype-public>
         <map:doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd
</map:doctype-system>
         <map:omit-xml-declaration>yes</map:omit-xml-declaration>
         <map:encoding>UTF-8</map:encoding>
       </map:serializer>

Basically I try to be the strictest possible to avoid triggering the
quirks-mode of certain browsers...

A.