cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal <bh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Mock webservices - possible use for Cocoon 3.0
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:58:43 GMT
Hi,
I have been thinking about testing REST based web services of late. It
occurred to me that these web services are very difficult to test
against. I was thinking that maybe there is some funky way of mocking a
web service, using XPath and regexes to match on the requst, and use a
templating language to generate the response (based on variables
generated from the XPath and regexes). I was thinking maybe Cocoon 3.0
might help me here.

It is a bit of a learning curve for me and I suspect nothing will come
from this endeavour (I bet someone is going to tell me someone has
already done this), but if anyone has any pointers about this project
(including any suggestions on how to create a REST based web service in
Java), I am glad to hear them. Also, some example code (including maven
pom files) would be appreciated