cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: how can i disable cocoon's periodic file system checking ?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:30:04 GMT
hussayn pisze:
> Hi;
>
> I detected some cpu-load spikes about every 3 seconds when i run cocoon on a
> windows-xp machine (using mvn jetty:run). I guess, this is a periodic file
> system checker, which is working in the background.
>
> while this makes sense in a dev system, it will certainly be unnecessary at
> least in my production environment...
>
> Well... i can't figure out, how to configure cocoon2-2, especially how to
> disable file system checking.
>
> Is there anybody around here, who can give me a hint ? Maybe there is some
> documentation available, which i am not aware off ?

Actually, the question is how you build your block.

Do you just copy generated webapp folder from target directory of your _block_?

It's Cocoon Maven plug-in responsible for setting up reloading environment, see [1]. The same

plug-in (with different goal - cocoon:deploy[2]) can be used to generate production-ready
webapp
which has no reloading or other resource-intensive tasks enabled.

The solution should be to follow "Deploying a Cocoon application" tutorial[3]

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/maven-plugins/maven-plugin/1.0/1359_1_1.html
[2] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/maven-plugins/maven-plugin/1.0/1358_1_1.html
[3] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1362_1_1.html

--