cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Decker <decker.christ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SendMailTransformer
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 23:14:21 GMT

Felix Knecht-2 wrote:

> Christian Decker schrieb:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm currently looking into the SendMailTransformer for the sending of
>> emails as it looks like the best choice for this job. But I got stuck
>> pretty fast and the web isn't too
>> helpful either. What I'm having problems with is that I don't see how
>> to get the templates, fill them in using JX and then passing them to
>> the SendMailTransformer. Somehow everything I found on the web was on
>> how to send unparameterized emails directly from the sitemap, which is
>> not helpful at all :-(
>> Does someone know a good place for me to learn how to use this?
>>
> See also http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/mail/1.0/1099_1_1.html
> You can use jx-generator instead of default generator to get some data
> into the  'sendmail.xml'.
>
> HTH, but I haven't tested it.
>
> Felix
>
>> Regards,
>> Christian

Hi again, I think that I'm on the right track now: I have a flowscript that
uses processPipelineTo to actually call the pipeline that's send the mail
and all the pipelines in place to get the template, fill it up with JX and
then pass it to the transformer. Except I got this little problem now:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.cocoon.mail.transformation.SendMailTransformer.getLogger()Lorg/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger;
       at
org.apache.cocoon.mail.transformation.SendMailTransformer.setup(SendMailTransformer.java:313)
       at
       at
       at
org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.PoolableProxyHandler.invoke(PoolableProxyHandler.java:71)
       at $Proxy15.setup(Unknown Source)

Any idea why?

BTW: I'm using cocoon-mail-2.1.9 with cocoon 2.2, is that a problem and if
yes how could I work around it?

Regards,
Christian