cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Decker <decker.christ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SendMailTransformer
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 23:37:03 GMT

Felix Knecht-2 wrote:

> See also http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/mail/1.0/1099_1_1.html
> You can use jx-generator instead of default generator to get some data
> into the  'sendmail.xml'.

Thanks for your fast reply, it's been quite some time since I last changed
the sitemap so please forgive me for asking trivial questions. What I have
to do now is make a mapping for a URL to the flowscript that would kick off
the sending of the email. Now my problem is how do I kick off the sending
from inside the flowscript as I only ever used cocoon.showPage to display
screens, but that isn't what I want to do, right? I want to call a pipeline
that somehow looks like this

<map:match pattern="mail/(.*)">
  <map:generate type="jx" src="mails/{1}.xml"/>
  <map:transform type="sendmail"/>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

what would I do to call this? And why would I serialize in the pipe? I
thought that the transform already sends the mail. I would then later in the
flowscript show another screen to tell the user what happened, so there
cocoon.showPage would be in order again ^^

Regards,
Christian