cocoon-users mailing list archives

From hussayn <hussayn.dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject How can i activate XSP in cocoon-2.2 ?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:10:45 GMT

Hi;

I am experimenting with cocoon-2.2 and this is what i want to do right now:

I have a lot of backend-java code, which contains a whole lot of business
logic.
I want to embed call to the java backend in my cocoon-generated pages.

Now i first thought, XSP is my choice, so i searched for this and found the
following tutorial:

    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xsp/logicsheet.html

But XSP won't work for me. I just get the content of my XML file,
so apparently there is no XSP running for me.
Well, sure, it is cocoon-2.2 and probably XSP has been factored out...
After some investigation i found this thread:

    http://www.nabble.com/cocoon-%2B-db4odjects.jar-to18689963.html

I don't understand the answer ;-(  Where will i place the mentioned
funtion() and how will i have
to setup my stuff? So i after further investigation i found this thread:

    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/flowscript/1.0/1241_1_1.html

Now i understand the previous mentioned thread to some extend. And i ask
myself:
has XSP been fully replaced by "flow-script" in cocoon-2.2 ?
Further investigations seem necessary ... and i found this thread:

    http://markmail.org/message/q5rgdefktbqt4ypj

The author mentions "the xsp-block" . I could not find such a block in the
list of cocoon-2.2 blocks.
Is XSP after all a deprecated technology ? From the introduction chapter in
this thread:

    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/1375_1_1.html

i get the feeling, XSP is evil and i should move to something else
(flow-script?)

How shall i proceed ? I will try the flow-script way now, but i am
absolutely
unsure, it doesnt feel right ? Flowscript smells like client side, but i am
entirely
server side (well i thought i use dojo for interaction... hmm)

I can't say, that cocoon-2.2 is an easy tool...

Thank you for any hint.
regards, hussayn