cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robin Wyles <...@robinwyles.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 flowscipt debugger possible?
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:51:50 GMT
Hi Grzegorz,

I get many errors like this:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: No such child: 1
	at java.awt.Container.getComponent(Container.java:280)
	at org.mozilla.javascript.tools.debugger.FileWindow.updateToolTip
(SwingGui.java:2181)
	at org.mozilla.javascript.tools.debugger.FileWindow.<init>
(SwingGui.java:2161)
	at org.mozilla.javascript.tools.debugger.SwingGui.createFileWindow
(SwingGui.java:486)
	at org.mozilla.javascript.tools.debugger.SwingGui.showFileWindow
(SwingGui.java:455)
	at org.mozilla.javascript.tools.debugger.SwingGui.showStopLine
(SwingGui.java:435)
	at org.mozilla.javascript.tools.debugger.SwingGui.enterInterruptImpl
(SwingGui.java:583)
	at org.mozilla.javascript.tools.debugger.RunProxy.run(SwingGui.java:
3531)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy
(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy
(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
184)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
176)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Also, sometimes flow execution just stops as if it has reached a
breakpoint - seems to be no way to continue so I have to restart the
app. There also appears to be issues of cocoon.redirectTo() not
working when called from flow with the debugger enabled. Please bear
in minda, that these observations are all based on my five minutes of
frustration this morning before I managed to disable it - they may
not be wholly accurate!

I do think the FlowDebugger should not be enabled by default for dev
mode though - disabling requires you specifically have to add a dev
properties folder to your blocks, and also have to think hard about
the sometimes head-bending (but powerful!) property cascading with
respect to property file names etc.

Robin