cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Hugh Sparks" <h...@csparks.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 classic webapp
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 02:16:24 GMT
> Hugh Sparks wrote:
>> Many thanks to Reinhard Pötz!
>>
>> To make this work with the current trunk, a few simple changes are needed:
>> [...]
> Reinhard Pötz replies:
> If you're right, this has to be fixed before the next release of Cocoon 2.2.

I'll repeat the experiment again:

First, I checked out the classic webapp from the svn and verified that it works perfectly.

Next, I edited the pom so it looks like this:

( My maven repository is freshly charged from cocoon trunk 685741)

 <parent>
     <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
     <artifactId>cocoon-core-modules</artifactId>
     <version>6-SNAPSHOT</version>
 </parent>

 <dependencies>
     <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
         <artifactId>cocoon-core</artifactId>
      </dependency>
     <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
         <artifactId>cocoon-template-impl</artifactId>
     </dependency>
 </dependencies>

  ... jetty 6.1.7stuff...

The result from "mvn jetty:run" was:

    java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to obtain blockContexts Map.
    The most probable cause is that BlockDeploymentServletContextListener
    has not been executed.

    at org.apache.cocoon.spring.BlockPathPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.processProperties
    (BlockPathPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.java:50)

    at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyResourceConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory
    (PropertyResourceConfigurer.java:75)

This lead me to try adding the BlockDeploymentServletContextListener to web.xml.
When I did that,  jetty:run produced:

    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
    Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.cocoon.jnet.URLHandlerFactoryCollector'
    defined in URL [jar:file:/....m2/repository/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-jnet/
    1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/cocoon-jnet-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!
            /META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-jnet-collector.xml]:
    Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/ProceedingJoinPoint

At this point, I was dazed and confused, so I tried to figure out what brings in "aspectj..."
After a little trial and error, I found that adding cocoon-servlet-service-components
to the POM makes it all work.

I liked the pom and web.xml a lot better the Reinhard wrote them, so perhaps these
things can be undone?

Thanks,

-Hugh Sparks