cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alessandro Vincelli ...@alessandro.vincelli.name>
Subject Re: Howto use Dojo "standalone" with cocoon ? (does that make sense at all?)
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:00:42 GMT

> Hi again;
>
> I just managed to connect your dojo block with my own block.
> It basically worked as you described. But there where two pitfalls,
> which missleaded me in first place:
>
> 1.) In order to use mvn, the dojo block must be installed, before it can be
> used from my own block.
> So i had to type the command   "mvn install". This installs the dojho block
> as jar-file into the local
> mvn repository, so that the dependency entry in my pom.xml can be
> resolved...

It' correct, I added this step to the document page.
> 2.) Somewhere on your webpage you say:
> Then create a connection on your servlet  as below, see the file
> block-servlet-service.xml:
>
> There you present a bean snippet. In first place it is not obvious to a
> beginner, that
> it is only necessary to add the <servlet:connections> subsnippet right into
> the allready existing
> <servlet:context>. So i had to explicitly copy the following snippet into my
> bloock-servlet-service.xml:
>
> <servlet:connections>
>     <entry key="dojo" value-ref="org.deals.cocoon.dojo.service"/>
> </servlet:connections>

Strange, In the web page I have already posted the complete bean definition.

> After i understood that detail, i could again "mvn jetty:run" my own block
> and now both blocks live together in perfect harmony ;-)
>
> thanks again for your very valuable input!
> regards,
> Hussayn

You welcome. But i think that in Cocoon 2.2 it's really easy share and
use applications. The use of spring, maven together with the cocoon
architecture is really formidable.
We can do a very good software with cocoon 2.2.
Alessandro