cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ken Starks <...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Not able to create and test cocoon2.2 webapp with maven/jetty
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 07:37:01 GMT
Luca Morandini wrote:
> jantje wrote:
>>
>> So on the internet I am searching ways to generate
>> cocoon webapp from my blocks. There I have found the install
>> instruction and
>> the advice to use it.. So do you think there is a better way to
>> generate a
>> webapp. And do you advice me not to install my seperate blocks?
>
> I'm not sure to get what you mean... but the idea is to create a
> Cocoon webapp by using the cocoon-archetype-webapp and then declare
> the needed blocks in its pom.xml, not to generate webapps from blocks.
>
> You may look at an example of said steps in:
> http://www.lucamorandini.it/fins/installation.html
>
> Regards,

Hello Luca,

My main interest is in making a wider variety of diagram than
those used in 'buisiness graphics'. This is because there is quite a number
of utilities already in that corner of the market. But your
project is still of interest to me.

 I was wondering whether you have an xml-schema, or a good bunch of
samples of the source XML files you use in Fins.

My interest would be to go to a PDF  edition of the charts without passing
through SVG, and using LaTeX and friends rather than FOP.