cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ken Starks <...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 classic webapp
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:44:14 GMT
Ken Starks wrote:
> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>>
>> I've just committed a sample module for a 'Classic Cocoon 2.2 webapp'
>> to the Cocoon whiteboard. Classic mode means that Cocoon 2.2 is used
>> without the Servlet-Service Framework or custom blocks. Both are
>> great features but they are not needed in every case, e.g. if you
>> want a simple migration for Cocoon 2.1 to 2.2 you might not want to
>> introduce blocks and servlet services from the beginning.
>>
>> I wrote a blog entry[1] that provides some information how you can
>> run the module.
>>
>> If this is useful for others too, it could be moved to the trunk and
>> also become the base for a new Maven archetype.
>>
>> Have fun!
>>

>> [1] http://www.indoqa.com/en/people/reinhard.poetz/blog/624
>>
> Thanks, Reinhard, this is very welcome.
>
> I've been a bit busy on other projects apart from cocoon for a while, but
> trying this one out moves rapidly up the TODO: list.
>
> Bye for now,
> Ken.

Thanks again Reinhard. I managed to get this one to work first attempt.

( For the information of others:
 I used mvn install jetty:run
and went to  http://localhost:8888/welcome

I got the welcome page, src was:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<head>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

<title>Classic Cocoon 2.2 Webapp : Welcome</title>

</head>

<h1 xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">Classic Cocoon 2.2 Webapp :
Welcome</h1>
    If you are seeing this page, this minimal Cocoon 2.2 based web application is running
correctly.

      2.2.0

)