cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <lundquist.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon EntityResolver + xerces
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:45:56 GMT

On Aug 16, 2008, at 11:03 AM, Mark Lundquist wrote:

> Hi, I've been debugging a problem with an older Cocoon (2.1.8)
> application.  There was a sporadic bug that turned out to be the
> consequence of a swallowed exception in a piece of code that some
> other guy wrote.  I also noticed that this piece of code, which
> parses some XML fragments, was horribly slow, and that there was no
> EntityResolver set on the parser.  So I fixed the swallowed
> exception, and while I was at it, I set the parser to use Cocoon
> catalog-based EntityResolver.
> [snip...]

Actually,  I just now changed it to look up the SAXParser component
(an Excalibur JaxpParser) which, as I figured out, automatically gets
the entity resolver (instead of the XMLReaderFactory as it was using
before).

Anyway, same result... every so often I get a network error thrown
from the bowels of Xerces.

Any help gratefully appreciated!
—ml—