cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alfred Nathaniel <anathan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZipArchiveSerializer question
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:58:06 GMT
On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 20:54 -0700, Steve Cameron wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to use the ZipArchiveSerializer and process the generator
> output straight off without sending it to a disk file first?
>
> I think this stream compression is possible but gives a less compressed
> result.

I don't quite understand what your question is.

The ZIPArchiveSerializer does not write any on-disk ZIP file.  It
buffers in memory and streams it to the HTTP response.

If you on the client side don't want to store the ZIP file, you can
unpack it immediately:

    curl http://... | jar xfv -

HTH, Alfred.