cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Guide to JavaFlow
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:23:41 GMT
Yeeeeeeehhhhaaaa!!!

Thanks Torsten (Well I think you are the one I have to thank).

I tried my first Cocoon 2.2 JavaFlow thingy and it worked … one thing I
noticed in order to get it up and running:

In Cocoon 2.1 the naming convention was to name the methods “public void do”
+ name in the sitemap + “() {…}

In Cocoon 2.2 you have to leave away the “do” … I don’t really know the
reason for this … I found it sort of neat, because it made it really clear
which methods are called from JavaFlow, but I think since only JavaFlow
should use public methods of a Flow-Class, I will get used to this quite
easily ;-)

Two things that got me jumping up and down, is that I can do try-catch
blocks in a finally block and the static keyword is no longer causing these
annoying BCEL exceptions which only Aliens and Kyle XY can understand (Even
if the theory that Kyle is an Alien still has to be evaluated). I can
already see myself getting rid of my FlowXYHelper and StaticHelper
structures  ;-)

Great Job Torsten J

Chris