cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Passing a node-set from XSLT to Java
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:56:53 GMT
Andrew Chamberlain wrote:

> The last line (which uses the getTextContent() method) throws the
> following exception:
>
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
> org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMNodeProxy.getTextContent()Ljava/lang/String;
>        at
> org.apache.xalan.extensions.ExtensionHandlerJavaClass.callFunction(ExtensionHandlerJavaClass.java:396)

For a better understanding, you should look at the portion of the stack
trace following "caused by".

> Firstly, I was expecting the Class to be "org.w3c.dom.Node", so does
> anyone know how I can enable this?

Rather difficult, since org.w3c.dom.Node is an interface, not a class:
the object that is passed to the addGML function is an instance of
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMNodeProxy, an actual class which happens to
implement org.w3c.dom.Node.

> I was also expecting the name of the
> first child to be "gml:exterior" instead of a "#text".

Understandable, since your XML has newlines and blanks before
gml:exterior: try stripping all this baggage before parsing.

Regards,