cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Heather Rankin" <Heather.Ran...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject Using replace() function with SQL Transformer
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 16:50:08 GMT
Hi,

Using SQL Transformer how do I get the result from a function - e.g.
replace() - to appear within a  specific <sql> tag in the XML results?
E.g.

I want:

SELECT COL1, COL2, REPLACE(COL3,'x','c'), COL4 FROM TABLE1 ...

to produce something like:

<sql:rowset>
<sql:row>
<sql:col1>a</sql:col1>
<sql:col2>b</sql:col2>
<sql:col3>c</sql:col3>
<sql:col4>d</sql:col4>
</sql:row>

But what I'm getting (on COL3) is something like:

<sql:rowset>
<sql:row>
<sql:col1>a</sql:col1>
<sql:col2>b</sql:col2>
<sql:replace(COL3,'x','c')>...</sql:replace>

Could I use <sql:out-parameter> here somehow?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are
not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately.