cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Barbara Slupik <barbara.slu...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon installation howto?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:23:19 GMT
I build cocoon-2.2 application like this:

1. Create block myBlock

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0
mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon -
DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-block -
DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0 -DgroupId=my.domain -DartifactId=myBlock

2. Test myBlock in maven/jetty

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0/myBlock
mvn jetty:run

http://localhost:8888/myBlock/

3. Build myBlock jar file and update maven repository. I assume that
version number is 1.0, version number is defined in myBlock pom file

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0/myBlock
mvn package

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=my.domain -DartifactId=myBlock -
Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=target/myBlock-1.0.jar

4. Create cocoon web application cocoon-webapp

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0
mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon -
DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-webapp -
DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0 -DgroupId=my.domain -DartifactId=cocoon-webapp

5. Add myBlock (all your blocks) to cocoon-webapp pom file

     <dependency>
       <groupId>my.domain</groupId>
       <artifactId>myBlock</artifactId>
       <version>1.0</version>
     </dependency>

6. Test cocoon-webapp in maven/jetty

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0/cocoon-webapp
mvn jetty:run

http://localhost:8888/myBlock/

7. Package cocoon-webapp. This will create cocoon-webapp-1.0.war file

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0/cocoon-webapp
mvn package

8. Put cocoon-webapp-1.0.war file in your tomcat/webapps and start
the application with url similar to this

http://localhost:8080/cocoon-webapp-1.0/myBlock/

I hope that the above is correct, I might have forgotten something.
Actually I created build.sh command file in every block and in cocoon-
webapp and put all necessary mvn packaging repository update commands
there.

Barbara