cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "lingerer huang" <lingererhu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2.1 - Context path at root doesn't work
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 05:54:59 GMT
Hi,Sparks

I support your idea totally.Several years ago when I decide to using cocoon
as my application's framework,"Don't need to shutdown when update during
development and deployment" is one majar reason.I like spring ,but when I
update spring I must restart the server,it's painful when developing but it
still acceptable because many developement base on cocoon 2.1 don't need to
In cocoon 2.2,if EVERY css/xsl change need to restart the server,I can
image the developers will kill me if I migrated,maven and rcl is a good
idea,but not all the developers will accept maven and jetty.The mantainer
will kill me twice cause this will make them have a sleepess night every
week only for some style and xsl files changed.
So MY SUGGESTION is : at least provide a non-jar style block implement.What
do you think?

Roy Huang