cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Hugh Sparks" <h...@csparks.com>
Subject Cocoon 2.2 flowscipt debugger possible?
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 05:04:52 GMT
I read a few posts that suggest that this is impossible, but I decided
to try the flowscript debugger anyway. I'm running under Tomcat, so
I copied the file cocoon-flowscipt.xconf from the cocoon 2.2 svn truck
to this directory in my Tomcat installation:

    webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\cocoon\avalon

I edited the file to enable the debugger and started Tomcat.
When I ran my cocoon flowscript application, the debugger
window appeared, but the application crashes. Here are some
highlights from the traceback:

        description The server encountered an internal error ()
        that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

        org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException:
        Exception during lookup of component with
        'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript'.
        (Key='AvalonServiceManager')

        org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
        Error creating bean with name
        'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript':
        Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
        org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
        Unable to initialize Avalon component with role
        org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript;
        nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException

If I remove the cocoon-flowscript.xconf file, the application works
normally.

I realized that Avalon is on the way out, but should this work?
What is the current best practice to use the debugger in its present form?

Thanks to all,

Hugh Sparks, hugh@csparks.com