cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Thenot <andre-li...@thenot.org>
Subject Re: Reloading Classloader + JBoss
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 21:48:53 GMT
On Jul 8, 2008, at 16:48, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2008, at 21:27, Andre Thenot wrote:
>
>> I'm starting to really miss the ability in 2.1 of being able to do
>> a change in a CSS or XSL file and see the result with a simple
>> browser reload.
>
> Huh? Those are resources. Unless you have too aggressive caching in
> place they should reload. No need for a RCL for that. That said the
> RCL is not tied to jetty.

Indeed, in 2.1 it just reloaded. Now in 2.2, I following the block
setup so I have
  - portal-base (of type cocoon-22-archetype-block);
  - portal-webapp (of type cocoon-22-archetype-webapp), depends on
portal-base.

The iteration cycle is now:

  0. Edit file;
  1. Do mvn install in portal-base (22s);
  2. Do mvn package in portal-webapp (13s);
  3. Redeploy app (5s) and restart JBoss every 5 deploys as it leaks
memory at each deploy;
  4. Refresh browser.

How could it "just reload" since the container has no knowledge of
where the blocks' sources are? Should I be editing the files in the
container's /work directory and do an rsync back with the sources?

A.