cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.nl>
Subject RE: Problem building Cocoon (the requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:09:03 GMT
Hi Barbara,

I actually forgot to mention the problem occurred when building cocoon
2.1.10 which is still using ANT.  I did not have any problems when
building a cocoon-block with cocoon-2.2.0.

But I managed to build cocoon after I rebooted my laptop.  So the first
time everything builds fine but when doing sequential builds, some
filehandles are not properly closed and the error occurs.

Cheers,

Robby

________________________________

From: Barbara Slupik [mailto:barbara.slupik@ntlworld.com]
Sent: maandag 14 juli 2008 12:02
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem building Cocoon (the requested operation cannot be
performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)

I use maven/jetty in my development environment and tomcat for
test/production. I build cocoon-2.2 application like this:

1. Create block myBlock

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
-DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-block -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0
-DgroupId=my.domain -DartifactId=myBlock

2. Test myBlock in maven/jetty

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0/myBlock

mvn jetty:run

http://localhost:8888/myBlock/

3. Build myBlock jar file and update maven repository. I assume that
version number is 1.0, version number is defined in myBlock pom file

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0/myBlock

mvn package

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=my.domain -DartifactId=myBlock
-Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=target/myBlock-1.0.jar

4. Create cocoon web application cocoon-webapp

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
-DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-webapp
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0 -DgroupId=my.domain -DartifactId=cocoon-webapp

5. Add myBlock (all application blocks) to cocoon-webapp pom file

    <dependency>

      <groupId>my.domain</groupId>

      <artifactId>myBlock</artifactId>

      <version>1.0</version>

    </dependency>

6. Package cocoon-webapp. This will create cocoon-webapp-1.0.war file

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0/cocoon-webapp

mvn package

7. Test cocoon-webapp in maven/jetty

cd /.../cocoon-2.2.0/cocoon-webapp

mvn jetty:run

http://localhost:8888/myBlock/

8. Put cocoon-webapp-1.0.war file in tomcat/webapps and start the
application with url similar to this

http://localhost:8080/cocoon-webapp-1.0/myBlock/

Barbara