cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2.1 - Context path at root doesn't work
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 07:46:43 GMT
Reinhard Pötz pisze:
> lingerer huang wrote:
>> Hi,Sparks
>>
>> I support your idea totally.Several years ago when I decide to using
>> cocoon
>> as my application's framework,"Don't need to shutdown when update during
>> development and deployment" is one majar reason.I like spring ,but when I
>> update spring I must restart the server,it's painful when developing
>> but it
>> still acceptable because many developement base on cocoon 2.1 don't
>> need to
>> In cocoon 2.2,if EVERY css/xsl change need to restart the server,I can
>> image the developers will kill me if I migrated,maven and rcl is a good
>> idea,but not all the developers will accept maven and jetty.The mantainer
>> will kill me twice cause this will make them have a sleepess night every
>> week only for some style and xsl files changed.
>> So MY SUGGESTION is : at least provide a non-jar style block
>> implement.What
>> do you think?
>
> That's already possible: Just use a file: URL in the context path of
> your block.

The question is probably how to avoid absolute locations hardcoded in Spring configuration
files.

After having a sleep with this problem I guess that there is an easy solution: use Spring

Configurator[1]. As Hugh Sparks already suggested[2] one can use a property:

context-path="${block.location}"

And then in property file one can set:
block.location=file:///absolute/location/to/block

This should work.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/spring-configurator/1.0/1304_1_1.html
[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user/65334

--