cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Improved tutorials
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2008 18:53:20 GMT
Hi Cocooners,

I justed wanted to let you know that thanks to David's Legg effort we have switched to the
new
feature that Maven Archetype plug-in brings.

This switch is reflected in our documentation when blocks/webapp is being created using the

archetype. You can see published changes here:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1159_1_1.html

Even if this is a small change I would like to ask you opinion about it. I ask those people
that
have tried previous way of block/webapp creation so you can compare your experience.

Does new way of using archetypes brings some benefit in your opinion?

Another change worth mentioning is support for publishing Screencasts in our documentation
system.
That means, you can easily add screencasts and sample of this functionality can be seen here:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1448_1_1.html

BTW. This screencasts uses old way of using archetypes. It would be nice if someone could
record
something similar but with improvements to our tutorials taken into account so newcommers
are not
confused by the difference.

Anyone interested?

PS. I finally have some time to take care of our documentation so you will see more updates
and I
plan to prepare some list of tasks that people willing to help could take.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski