cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: C2.2 - Mixing SLF4J with Cocoon
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:51:23 GMT
Cocoon does not directly use Log4j. It uses an abstraction layer that
defaults to log4j. slf4j is also an abstraction layer. In the stack
trace you have shown below it is using its SimpleLogger implementation.
This can be replaced with Logback, Log4j or java.util.logging. You might
simply try replacing slf4j-simple.jar with slf4j-log4j12.jar.

Another alternative is that Spring actually wants to use
commons-logging. Somehow that has been replaced with SLF4J's
comons-logging compatible implementation. If you just remove
jcl-over-slf4j.jar and replace it with commons-logging.jar this should
also remove slf4j.

Ralph//