cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Legg <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Re: Installing 2.2
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:36:24 GMT
Patrick,

>> It sounds like you did all the right things except maybe you forgot to
>> change into the '[cocoon trunk]\core\cocoon-webapp' folder
>>

> here is the problem. After downloading the 2.2.0 binary, there is no such folder. Should
I better stick with a version from trunk during development ?? So building cocoon by myself
is still the way to go (I mean with -P allblocks semantics etc.

Ah!  I see.

What I would do is checkout the latest version from trunk (see [1] for
details).  But *don't* use this for development of your apps.  Simply
use it for reference.

Once you have that installed you should be able to run the sample webapp
as I described by changing into the '[cocoon trunk]\core\cocoon-webapp'
folder and then typing 'mvn jetty:run' and viewing 'http://localhost:8888/'.

When actually developing your own Cocoon web app follow the pattern
shown in the tutorials [2].  If you want to do something in your own app
that you've seen demonstrated in the sample app you could copy
appropriate bits from the sample into your own blocks.  For example you
might see useful items in the sitemap or required dependencies in the
pom.xml files or various configuration beans that you could adapt.

Regards,
David Legg

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g4/g1/g1/798.html
[2] http://cocoon.apache.org/1370_1_1.html