cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Legg <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Re: Installing 2.2
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:07:51 GMT
Hi Patrick,

> Is it right, that one has just to fire
>
>   mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://cocoon.apache.org
>
> and maven will install all (standard) dependencies transitive by itself (and copy everything
into my local repository as always)?

Pretty much!  You should think of C2.2 applications as being a
collection of different blocks some generated using the command you show
above and some from different archetypes.  Not all of your blocks have
to be 'Cocoon blocks'.

> And how is one able to get the 'old' cocoon-samples page running (normally I've just
hit mvn jetty:run to start the samples inside the svn-cocoon-trunk-version)?

It sounds like you did all the right things except maybe you forgot to
change into the '[cocoon trunk]\core\cocoon-webapp' folder and then
issue the 'mvn jetty:run' command and view the result at
'http://localhost:8888/'.

Regards,
David Legg