cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Options to create a pipeline?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:57:20 GMT
Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there are more options to use Cocoon pipeline system than the sitemap.xmap.
>
> Is there a kind of API (by web or by java code) in order to create and launch a pìpeline?

In the Cocoon whiteboard there is a rewrite of Cocoon called "Corona"
which has the two primary goals of providing a simple Java pipeline API
and making the development of RESTful web services and applications
really simple. This makes Corona more focused on the one hand but also
less powerful than Cocoon 2.x on the other hand.

Corona provides the pipeline API that you are looking for. See
http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/corona/trunk/corona-pipeline/src/test/java/org/apache/cocoon/corona/pipeline/PipelineTest.java

and
http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/corona/trunk/corona-pipeline/src/test/java/org/apache/cocoon/corona/pipeline/util/TransformationUtilsTest.java

Some feedback would be highly appreciated!!! Currently there is an
dicussion about this new pipeline API on dev@cocoon. Feel free to join us.

So far there hasn't been a release, but I will push for an alpha-1
release soon.