cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: images in svg not serializing as jpeg
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:18:23 GMT
On 09.08.2007 14:14, Lincoln Mitchell wrote:

> How do I create a jpeg from an SVG which has reference to a relative
> external image?
> In previous posts I read that you can't write...
> xlink:href="image.jpg"
> ... because the path CAN'T be relative. Is this true?

Yes, that's true. The SVG2JPEG serializer (based on Apache Batik) has no
idea on how to resolve relative paths since no context is available. A
fix as letting Batik work with Cocoon's source resolver has never been
implemented.

> Any workarounds?

Only solution that works out of the box is to use a absolute http://
path pointing back to the Cocoon instance and let Cocoon resolve the
path in the sitemap by providing an appropriate pipeline delivering the
image. That way you can get the path even kind of relative.

Joerg