cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Rosman" <fluffyl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 Without Tears
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:43:23 GMT
> This article describes how to start with the webapp archetype and
> end up with a configuration that behaves like Cocoon 2.1.x:
> You can modify sitemaps, flowscript, and other content without
> restarting the servlet. All content files can be edited in place on
> the server.
>
>   http://www.csparks.com/c22without.xhtml

Interesting article.  That would have been *really* useful about a month ago :-)

You mention in your article that you couldn't get the system to read
your properties from the tomcat servlet context - neither could I.

I tried adding a ServletContextPropertyPlaceholder to the application
but my Spring knowledge is pretty poor so I don't know if I was doing
it right. Cocoon stopped working (can't remember the error).

http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/api/org/springframework/web/context/support/ServletContextPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.html

In the end I wrote a trivial bean that copied the servlet
initialisation parameters from the context and provided them to cocoon
by implementing the spring interface ServletContextAware and the
cocoon interface PropertyProvider.

http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/spring-configurator/1.0/1310_1_1.html

Even that took a while to get going since I hadn't set the bean id to
the PropertyPlaceholder.ROLE as specified in the interface
documentation

http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/configuration-api/1.0/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/configuration/PropertyProvider.html

--
Stephen Rosman