cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Markus Br├╝ckner <mar...@slash-me.net>
Subject Accessing EJBs from generator
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:42:30 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Cocoon 2.2 (well, at least I try to do this) to implement a
frontend for an application that already exists as EJBs (EJB 3 running on
JBoss 4.2.2-GA). Just for a start I tried to implement the access to one
specific EJB from a generator within Cocoon 2.2 running on Tomcat in the very
same JBoss (just for testing, could be an extra Tomcat later).

I tried the "usual" client way:
---SNIP---
this.user_manager =
   (UserManagerBeanRemote)ctx.lookup("UserManagerBean/remote");
---SNAP---

This code throws a ClassCastException telling me that $Proxy86 (or some
different number) cannot be cast to UserManagerBeanRemote. Trying the exact
same code from a standalone client works.

Google etc. are not really helping. I found some people having the same
problem, but no answer. The list archive was no help either (at least going
back until january). So I running out of options here: what is this $Proxy86
object and why do I get it when trying to look up the EJB?

Thx in advance
So long
Markus