cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Caldwell <jcaldw...@pace2020.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon + Apache httpd
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:35:31 GMT
There are a few things to consider.  If you are only running maven and jetty you may
be able to change the configuration of the port directly in the pom.xml.  Look for

 <port>8888</port>

and change that to 80 (or whatever port you desire that doesn't conflict with any
other process you are running).  Typically port 80 is reserved for apache, but there
is no reason jetty can not listen on port 80 if apache is not running.  When you do
not enter a port in a URL the browser defaults to 80.

A common setup is for people to use apache to serve up all the static content of a
site, and then use proxy or some connector to forward between apache and
jetty/tomcat along 8888 with 80 as the exposed port.

http://jetty.mortbay.org/jetty5/faq/faq_s_200-General_t_apache.html