cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: Content aggregation / performance
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:47:23 GMT
The best way is to make sure all separate parts are properly cached. The
include transformer is really optimal for content aggregation, but won't
be of any help if the part that is included is not properly cacheable

-Ard

	Hello

	I have a question about the optimal way (in respect of
performance) of content aggregation in Cocoon 2.1. In our current system
we uses the sitemap aggregator and a xsl-stylesheet to aggregate some
xhtml-fragments. The xhtml-fragments are generated in a "plain" xsp/xsl
pipelines and some a cacheable (by overriding getKey and getValidity)
and some not. I have experimented with cinclude with some success, the
aggregation time was almost the half. The problem with cinclude is that
it does not properly handle caching and I therefore had to put the
caching-key in the fragment URL. In a discussion about deprecating
cinclude someone highly recommended the use of IncludeTransformer
instead of cinclude. When I tried the performance of IncludeTransformer
seems no better than sitemap aggregation. And here comes the question,
what is the best way of content aggregation in my situation?

	Regards Svend