cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Reijn" <j.re...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: sql transformer - display another site during transformer's work
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 11:06:52 GMT
I agree with Jasha, that a background task would be the best solution.
Another solution would be that if it takes minutes, you could try to use Ajax for generating
the files in the background and displaying a processing task to the user.

Jeroen

-----Original Message-----
From: Jasha Joachimsthal [mailto:j.joachimsthal@onehippo.com]
Sent: Wed 6/4/2008 12:59 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: sql transformer - display another site during transformer's work

Is the DB locked during the SELECT? Where do you store the reports or do
you display them directly from the pipeline? If so, you can better make
a background tak (cron job) generate the reports, write them to disk and
display the reports on the site from that location on the filesystem.

> http://www.nabble.com/sql-transformer---display-another-site-d
> uring-transformer%27s-work-tp17643261p17643824.html
> Sent from the Cocoon - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Jasha Joachimsthal

www.onehippo.com
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA
94952-3329 +1 (707) 773-4646