cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Heather Rankin" <Heather.Ran...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject character-maps in cocoon
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:29:38 GMT
Hi,

Are character-maps supported in Cocoon 2.1? I need to replace &lt; and
&gt; entity references with the literal characters '<' and '>' and can't
get it to work in Cocoon. I have the following character-map in my XSLT:

<xsl:output use-character-maps="cm1" method="xml" indent="yes"
encoding="UTF-8" media-type="text/xml"/>

<xsl:character-map name="cm1">
	<xsl:output-character character="&lt;" string="&lt;"/>
	<xsl:output-character character="&gt;" string="&gt;"/>
</xsl:character-map>

This works fine outside of cocoon (e.g. in Oxygen). But when I run it
through the second transformer in the following pipleline:

<map:match pattern="terms">
	<map:generate src="{request-param:url}" type="html"/>
	<map:transform type="xslt2" src="transforms/getTerms.xsl"/>
	<map:transform type="xslt2"
src="transforms/convertStringToXML.xsl"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

... the &lt; and &gt; characters do not get replaced (remain escaped).
Is this something to do with the xml serializer? Do I need to change
something there?

Heather

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are
not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately.