cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Dominic Tootell" <dominic.toot...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject Properties and Cocoon Spring Configurator
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:07:45 GMT
Hi guys,

Has anyone else encountered this problem, where you cannot specify a
directory as the setting for the system property
org.apache.cocoon.settings?

According to the docs:
http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/spring-configurat
or/1.0/1310_1_1.html, point 8 states:

*	If the system property org.apache.cocoon.settings is specified
and points to a property file, this is read. If the system property
points to a directory all property files from this directory are read in
alphabetical order and all property files from the sub directory named
[RUNNING_MODE] are read in alphabetical order.

I have a properties file environment.properties in the directory
C\cmc\metadataservices\config.  However, if I specify the directory as
the value for the property
(-Dorg.apache.cocoon.settings=c:\cmc\metadataservices\config)  the
properties file does not get read, and I get the error:
Could not resolve placeholder 'database.cis.driver'
	at
org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.AbstractSettingsBeanFactoryPo
stProcessor.processProperties
But if I specific value of the property to be the file directly
(-Dorg.apache.cocoon.settings=c:\cmc\metadataservices\config\environment
.properties), then it works.

Am I mis-reading the documentation, or is this a bug?  Does anyone know
the url to the bug tracking for cocoon 2.2 that I could search for
future reference?
Thanks,
/dom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are
not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately.