cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Dominic Tootell" <dominic.toot...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2.2 resources outside of a Block
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 11:28:10 GMT
Hi Grzegorz

>> Dominic, you would better have watched my video before posting
anything here. ;-)

Actually I have watched and, I know the plugin works and you have a
reloadable classloader to read modifications to a java classes.  But, as
I did say in my post, you can't use jetty at times; expecially if you
are trying to get developers to test code on an environment that is as
like live/production as possible, to reduce the round trip time in
testing:

	"(sometimes you can't use jetty - i.e. you have apache
tunnelling requests though mod_jk to tomcat for instance and need to
test it)"

Your video is a walk through of the 3 step tutorial which is on the
Cocoon 2.2 site, more-or-less, which I've been through.  Does the RCL
work away from jetty? i.e for an application server such as tomcat?

Sorry if I have somehow caused tension, by asking a question.....

Thanks
/dom