cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Svend Raasø <svend.raa...@axiell.com>
Subject Content aggregation / performance
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 11:20:25 GMT
Hello

I have a question about the optimal way (in respect of performance) of content aggregation
in Cocoon 2.1. In our current system we uses the sitemap aggregator and a xsl-stylesheet to
aggregate some xhtml-fragments. The xhtml-fragments are generated in a "plain" xsp/xsl pipelines
and some a cacheable (by overriding getKey and getValidity) and some not. I have experimented
with cinclude with some success, the aggregation time was almost the half. The problem with
cinclude is that it does not properly handle caching and I therefore had to put the caching-key
in the fragment URL. In a discussion about deprecating cinclude someone highly recommended
the use of IncludeTransformer instead of cinclude. When I tried the performance of IncludeTransformer
seems no better than sitemap aggregation. And here comes the question, what is the best way
of content aggregation in my situation?

Regards Svend