cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Agler <ryanag...@hotmail.com>
Subject class reloading from within XSP (cocoon 2.1.11)
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:42:58 GMT

In the course of development, I am often needing to have changes to custom classes seen within
an XSP.  Having to restart Tomcat or reload the cocoon webapp is painfully slow.

Say for example I have a simple class "EchoHello.class" located in WEB-INF/classes/test that
has one method that returning the String "hello".

>From within an XSP page I invoke it via "EchoHello hello = new test.EchoHello();String
str = hello.echo();"

If I make changes to EchoHello.class and want those to be seen in my XSP, I have to wait forever
because they won't be seen unless I reload the entire webapp.  This really adds up when testing
class changes hundreds of times.

I have seen some references to using a custom classloader, but I have no idea how to go about
that from within an XSP page.  Can someone steer me in the right direction?
The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon.
http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_SeasonOfGiving