cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Miles Elam <mi...@geekspeak.org>
Subject Cocoon 2.2 and JPA
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:39:17 GMT
Hi Cocooners,

Has anyone got a simple step-by-step for setting up Cocoon for use
with EJB3 persistence?  With Maven2, the new block architecture, and
Spring, I'm at a loss as to where to go.  I could of course just hack
around, but I'm betting that someone out there has a clean and elegant
configuration solution.

Best case scenario for me would be to call the EntityManager directly
from Flow.  Other alternatives such as calls through Spring are of
course welcome provided that EJB3 Entities are still in the picture.

I realize that this is a Cocoon user list, but by adding Spring into
the mix, Cocoon kinda owns the problem now.  I've been dabbling with
Cocoon since the 1.x days of processing instructions in static XML
files, so I'm not coming as a completely blank slate to this problem;
however, v2.2 really pulled the rug out without providing much in the
way of documentation.

Any ideas on the best way to tackle this?

Thanks in advance,

Miles