cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Barbara Slupik <barbara.slu...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Re: some words about property configuration
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:50:37 GMT
I use properties to configure my database connection.

In my block application context I have:

   <bean id="myDataSource"
class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
     <property name="driverClassName">
       <value>${myDatabase.driverClassName}</value>
     </property>
     <property name="url">
       <value>${myDatabase.url}</value>
     </property>
     <property name="username">
       <value>${myDatabase.username}</value>
     </property>
     <property name="password">
       <value>${myDatabase.password}</value>
     </property>
   </bean>

My properties are defined in cocoon/properties/application.properties
file in my application src/main/webapp/WEB-INF and in block
rcl.properties file for development environment:

myDatabase.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
myDatabase.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3307/dbname?
useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf8&amp;autoReconnect=true
myDatabase.username=dbuser
myDatabase.password=dbpassword

Barbara