cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kazimierz Pogoda" <hsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Cocoon and GWT
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:36:44 GMT
We are developing application using Cocoon and Google Web Toolkit. The
idea is simple - some of HTMLs generated by cocoon will load
javascript code compiled by GWT. The Javascript code is calling GWT
RPC services.

One of JS application functionalities is a login window. Any user
authentication attempt will effect in credentials being passed to RPC
service. The RPC service is a servlet extending standard GWT
RemoteServiceServlet, thus we have access to HttpRequest, HttpResponse
on this level. It was quite easy to provide RPC service implementation
authenticating against some external service like LDAP, and storing
authentication information in HttpSession.

The problem we are facing now is: how to integrate this GWT
application with Cocoon Authentication? We want to limit access to
some resources defined in sitemap, however authentication should be
performed by GWT RPC servlet which is not a part of standard sitemap
processing.

We tried to use ApplicationManager in GWT RPC servlet and we failed
with "Unable to locate current environment." IllegalStateException. I
hope someone will have some hints.

--
"Meaning is differential not referential"

kazik 'morisil' pogoda
http://www.xemantic.com/ http://blog.xemantic.com/