cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Betty Harvey" <har...@eccnet.com>
Subject Re: Tags in the value of an XSLT variable?
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:19:04 GMT
Hi Andy:

I am not sure how JAVA handles an XML snippet but if you are passing the
snippet as variable you should be able to cast it as a string.  If
not you could try encapsulating it at CDATA section and the parser
will ignore anything in the CDATA section:

<![CDATA[
<a>My XML</a>
]]>

Betty

<quote who="Andrew Chamberlain">
>         Hi Betty/Derek,
>
>  Thanks for getting back.
>
>  Yes, that's certainly helped.  I'm now confident that my variable also
> contains the tags in addition to the values.  It was by changing the "."
> for "@* | node()" that did it.
>
>  So my xslt looks like this:
>                    However, I now believe this variable is still a
> Node-Tree, and not a String.  I need it to be the
> latter so I can pass the XML excerpt to the Java method
> I mentioned earlier (using xalan to do so).
>
>  Is there a way of casting/translating a node tree into a String?
>
>  Best regards,
>
>  Andy
>

>  Derek Hohls wrote:    And that is not a "trick", but standard XSLT; see:
> http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N1930.html#d3389e91 as select="." only
> selects the value (string) inside the tag/s.
> On 2008/06/27 at 06:48, in message , "Betty Harvey"  wrote:
>             Try this for your xsl:copy:               Hi All,  It's quite
> possible that this is more XSLT-related than Cocoon itself, but wasn't
> sure where else to post.  I'm using an XSL transformer and need to
> capture a tree fragment in the value of variable ... including the tags
> themselves.  The reason for this is because I need to pass the XML
> excerpt (as a string) to a Java class which is specifically written to
> parse it.  I'm trying the following, but this only seems to include the
> values, and not the tags:                    Can anyone help?  Is there a
> trick for this?  Many thanks,  Andy              -- This message is
> subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal
> notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full
> disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.
>  This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by
> MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec
> Computers for their support.

Betty Harvey                         | Phone: 410-787-9200 FAX: 9830
Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. |
harvey@eccnet.com                    | Washington,DC SGML/XML Users Grp
Help Mac fight MLD (http://www.macsteam.org)
Mark your calendar for October 28th (http://www.macsteam.org/BullROast.aspx)